Friday, November 09, 2007

whoops - sorry Chris

Hi folks,

Evidently I owe Chris Boyd an apology.

Here's what happened. About a week ago, our prevalence network, independently of any other input, detected the Alicia Keys MySpace hack, because of the link to the fake codec, and we started trying to make a video about it.

I recalled Alex Eckelberry making a post about a couple of different MySpace hacks over the last week or so, and in fact credited them as we made the video. When I checked with Alex to find a blog to link to, he told me it was Chris and not his guys. It was too late to change the vid, but I intended to mention it in the blog, and simply forgot.

To be fair to Chris, he was first, although when I looked at the link Alex gave me, it mentioned the Passarounders, and when I found Alex's original message, it mentioned a band called greementsoffortune ... not Alicia Keys, which was much bigger news to me. It was the same Bad Guys, but, truly, _we found it independently_.

So Chris... I apologize ... I didn't steal any of your work, and didn't mean to steal your thunder.

Everyone knows you do good work, and I clearly owe you at least one beer sometime.

Cheers

Roger

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Alex Eckelberry said...

Right -- I remember you were very careful the other night before blogging to contact me about this issue and that you took great care to get the credits correct. It was an honest mistake.

Alex Eckelberry

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger paperghost said...

Well, for what its worth, thanks for this post - a brave thing to do, and it is appreciated - and I'll take you up on that offer of a beer sometime :)

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger tcsl said...

Cheers mate,

I'll look forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home